Prepare to part with your social life. Bethesda and Zenimax announced that they are bringing their Elder Scrolls franchise to the online space in form of an MMORPG (titled The Elder Scrolls Online). A debut trailer and some details can be found after the jump!
Here is what’s already known about the game (via NeoGAF):
• Releasing in 2013 for PC/Mac.
• ZeniMax Online’s 250 Person Team began development on the game in 2007.
• Takes place 1,000 years in the past.
• Fully voice acted & features a third-person perspective.
• The game uses a hotbar to activate skills like other traditional MMOs.
• Crafting, alchemy, and soul gems will be included.
• There will be Daedric Princes like Molag Bal, who acts as the game’s primary antagonist.
• There are three player factions: Ebonheart Pact: The Nords, Dunmer, and Argonians; Aldmeri Dominion: Altmer, Bosmer, and Khajit; Daggerfall Covenant: Bretons, Redguard, and Orcs.
• Hitting the level cap takes roughly 120 hours.
• The game features three-faction PvP, which has players fighting to take over keeps and using siege weapons.
• 100 v 100 battles will be possible.
• The most accomplished PvP player on your faction becomes Emperor upon taking control of Cyrodil’s Imperial City.
Click here for more details and discussions.